Front-end User Interface is the key to success for the modern day online business. This moves adjacent to User Experience.
Any application which is not appealing and intuitive is avoided by most of the end users. If it comes to B2B applications, the user interface could not make that much impact but when its customer centric, one must consider for good front-end.
To make the process of front-end development fast, companies now a days started building isolated micro applications with its own front-end and back-end. These micro applications are just plug and play features on any web application.
When a micro application is independent in nature, it must have its own micro front-end so that it can stand isolated. It can be served over API(Application Program Interface)s.
Going further most developer groups of any type of app will think about micro front end which is evolved from the concept of micro services.
As the implementation of micro service suggest to use an independent app per micro service, micro front end will help accessing the micro service based app without any other dependencies.
This could be implemented as widgets on any particular website. For example a new widget which is loaded into your own website through any third party news provider.
So every micro service will have its own micro front end which will be rendered on the client desktop with the response from the micro service.
- This will help fast rendering of the application.
- One part if broken will have no effect on the other widgets on a page
- One team can focus on one part of the application. By which there will be lot many innovations and ideas can be implemented.
- Front end team will be able to work with back end team to fix any issue on that widget immediately
- Quick Time to market for all micro service with a micro front end
- It will be technology independent, means one part can use one technology of choice
- Every service must have its own wrapper
- Even the css implementation for the widgets must be wrapped by the widget name
- Every micro service will have its dedicated URL may be of sub domains concept
More to think about:
- State management for each component
- Sharing data among components
- About the global environment which can handle the states of each micro widget and manipulate them
Lets make the world faster…